- In this piyut, the author puts himself down, comparing himself to dirt and worms, whileat the same time affirming God’s awesome and lofty rule over him and the world. Is this an approach that you identify with?
- What is your relationship to God? How do you come before Him?
- Are there times in your life in which you relate to these feelings more than others?
- What season/time in the Jewish calendar do you think this sort of attitude is most appropriate?
- Compare Sakharov’s version of “Humble of Spirit” with the version by HaMadregot and traditional mizrachi versions. The styles are strikingly different. Which do you see as the most appropriate music for the words and meaning of the song?